Monday, February 10, 2014

It is

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
a light fixture!

This gorgeous bedroom by Martha OHara Interiors was the inspiration behind my diy version. 

via
When I first saw this room, I absolutely fell in love with the pendant!

Here is how mine turned out ...


Not as grand and polished, but it does resemble it (at least I think so :)   

My original plan was to hang it in the guest bedroom, but I am also loving it on the landing above the front door.


There is currently a recessed light there, so it would act as a diffuser ... I would have to find a good way to secure it (temporarily secured with wire)

Actually, in both cases it was secured with wire since the Mod Podge isnt hard enough to support all of the weight. It is currently off, I am hoping that it will fully cure in a few days.

This was my first time using Mod Podge hardcoat, so maybe it will still harden up? If not, it will be on to plan b (maybe resin?)

Ill be back tomorrow to let you know how I made it! 

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment